Thursday, May 20, 2010

Creativity!






We recently remodeled a house... WOAH! How do couples remain married after such an ordeal? It was (at the least) intense! However, we did have some positive experiences throughout... Here's an idea that I think anyone could do if you own a staple gun:)






My husband and I needed a headboard... I had been thinking that I would make one (bc you see those crafty shows on TV and get inspired), so one day as I was standing in our "ripped out house", I glanced down at a torn-out 80in wide door and thought to myself, "I know what I can do with that!" And sure enough, it has made the most glorious headboard for our king size bed. It was super easy, I did the obvious- remove the doorknob- then I bought some thick foam, batting and fabric and went to town! I had a little help from my Mom who has done a little bit of upholstery and Mike screwed in a couple 1x4's to hold it in place... Here's a pic.... (I'll get a closer shot up tomorrow)









No comments: